Thursday, September 10, 2009

I had said that I wouldn't get too much on this blog. I hereby change my mind, just once.

I am now into radiation and chemo and I am not sure yet what to look forward to. The chemo for me is to take a pill at night and I am not sure what to expect beyond that. I have noticed some things from the radiation like tightening up the skin on my face. My razor doesn't work as well and the barber noticcd it too. The nurse told me to use only baby shampoo and to use an aloe type of skin softener Also to use Ivory soap.

My energy level is very low, but everybody tells me to expect that. The Dr. tells me that will reverse in a few weeks.

Part of my problem is paralysis on the left side of my face. ONe disturbing result is trying to brush my teeth. I cant get all the food out. I can't feel it and find hours later that there are still bits of food there. The dentist says to use a rotary tooth brush and I think that helps.

The radiation sessions are nothings. They take11 minutes and I am out of there.

So that is a summary. Do not expect much more from me for a while.

1 comment:

  1. The radiation seems like nothing but it will quietly sneak up and kick your keister. Don't try to be tough, allow extra time for everything and get lots of rest. Naps are good. We hope to see you Monday.

    ReplyDelete