Friday, July 24, 2009

Wish he could have seen it

I took Mom to see Wicked last night. It was quite a show. Dad had tickets for it but timing just didn't work out for him. We stopped by before the show so Mom could visit with him for a while.

Dad's in a regular room now and he's doing great. We fished out a book from the things he packed so he could try reading at some point that evening. There's only so much TV you can deal with. I think Mom was happy to see Dad is still his old self. She recently ordered and just received a book How God Changes Your Brain. I'm not sure this is exactly what the author had in mind, but we'll keep an eye out for differences.

Dad's had several visitors and I think he's enjoyed the company. He's got a followup MRI scheduled for today. He called me just now and said if all goes well, they might release him today. Dad said lying down in the MRI machine is a good place to practice meditation. It certainly does a good job of drowning out the rest of the world with its repetitive and L-O-U-D noise.

I'll post another update when I get more info.

-- Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment